Thursday 6 May 2010

Oops!

Had a bit of an axcident.

I was just leaning to one side to get a better view of what all the squabbling was about outside between a bunch of speugs (sparrows, to you non Scottish speakers out there) when her-who-must-be-obeyed's favourite vase ran into my elbow and then hit the floor:

Gawd! Panic! What to do? Where can I hide?

No, no, calm doon. It'll be ok wi' a spot of glue:

Perfect!
Do you think she'll notice?

It will be fine as long as she doesn't want to put floers in it with water.

Any questions (which is a certainty) I'll just say it's like the Japanese call it - Wabi Sabi - not quite perfect but full of character.
Yes, that'll do it.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Uh, oh...

I would NOT want to be in your shoes this week.

Maybe she won't notice.

Maybe Arizona will be as liberal as Denmark soon.

That was one beautiful vase. Better paint something really, really good to distract her. Or, capture one of the "speugs" and let it fly around in the house for an hour and blame it on the sparrow. I panic for you. Keep us updated, soes we knows you is alive!

daviddrawsandpaints said...

Ha ha.
Don't panic.
I'm just going to delay the inevitable by going over to Arran for a few days with her on our ownsome. We can be just like honeymooners - at least for a wee while.

So Arizona ain't as liberal as Denmark? You surprise me :o)

my croft said...

silk flowers. the whole situation calls out for silk.

off for the weekend to a family do my own self.
I forgot this weekend is Mother's Day which means every bloomin' fool with a mother will be on the road, but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.

Silk, my friend, silk.
or one of your very own flower portraits strategically nailed to the wall...

daviddrawsandpaints said...

I think it may be me who is strategically nailed to the wall when she finds out :o{

Ah, but I have a cunning plan - a diversionary tactic as you will see :o)

And as for silk, Melanie, it sounds a very nice idea and I will definitely know what to get you if I ever have to sook up at any time ;o)

Now, let me see if I have any flooer paintings...