Thursday 13 December 2007

Chicken-headed Man Goes Swimming

Ball Pentel pen and watercolour on paper, A4: This strange persona came from a doodle in my sketchbook which was calling out to be worked up into an illustration. Who knows what it signifies although often when I go swimming with fishes on holiday I'm really a bit "chicken", rarely go out of my depth, and am always looking behind me expecting a Great White or something to be silently stalking me. See what 'Jaws' has done to us? Made us feart to go in the water!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a man should be more 'feart' about swimming without trunks on when there are fishies aboot :-)

daviddrawsandpaints said...

You are dead right Lynne - they may mistakenly think that lunch is being offered!
Glad you are gettin' to ken the lingo!

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love this painting! :) Just the name of it: Chicken-head goes swimming. Looooving it. But tje little fishies are just scary.

Nice pics you got!

daviddrawsandpaints said...

Nice to hear from you Susannah. Thanks for your comments but don't be frightened- the fishes can't bite you - they are only a figment of my imagination!