Tuesday 24 July 2007

Turkey

charcoal pencil and pastels on paper, 59x43cm.
Well this caused a stushie when I posted it under the title 'Guantanamo'. Some guy wanted me to add it to one of his groups called: Art, philosophy and Visual Perception, because it demonstrated in his mind the link between faith and being a prisoner. I took the hump, of course, when I clicked on the group page it denied me access. I'm afraid that was like a red rag to a bull! It convinced me that his group was secretive, and I was to just add it without knowing what it really was about. The long and the short of it was that I refused; he was annoyed by my forthrightness and responded tetchily. After thinking on it for a couple of days I decided to try to draw a line under the episode and apologised for my vehemence, but I was only protecting my drawing from being hi-jacked by a religious group that I knew nothing of.

No comments: