Wednesday 29 May 2013

Glen Sannox

Ever true to my word today I am posting three sketches from my Arran sketching trip when I took to the hills and glens laden down with my usual drawing paraphenalia - a clutch of felt-pens, a poly bag of Neocolour II's, sketchpad (which is now nearing it's end), and my little aluminium fold-away chair draped around my neck for the hike up into these hills:

"Ceum-na-Caillich & Suidhe Fhearghas", mixed media, 2x19x25cm.

"Cioch-na-h-Oighe", mixed media, 2x19x25cm.

"Lower Slopes, Cioch-na-h-Oighe", mixed media, 2x19x25cm.

I love place-names, and I especially love these gaelic place-names, the way they appear in written form but totally unpronouncable by this lowland chantie-wrastling churl.

I think the high altitude musta gone fur ma heid!

ps: Thanks to Sheila I have indeed listened (with my good ear) and uploaded full resolution pics since she apparently is hauf blind without her glasses. I trust it is worth it?

No comments: