Sunday 21 November 2010

Roxy Bar Flies

Reliving past glories here, since I am presently incapable of doing any drawing or painting.

This goes back to our first camping expedition this year in May when we visited Girvan on the coast of the Firth of Clyde, overlooking Ailsa Craig, and in the evenings downed a few pints in the hottest pub in town: The Roxy Bar.

And, as is my want, I sketch the clientel in all their Saturday Nite glory:

Pencil in Sketchbook, A6 x 3, #1

Pencil in Sketchbook, A6 x 3, #2

Pencil in Sketchbook, A6 x 3, #3

Pencil in Sketchbook, A6 x 2, #4

I liked the diamond cut-away sections of the back of this lassies dress.

And finally three american golfers who thought they had died and gone to heaven to be playing golf in Scotland AND spending an evening in the company of these sirens out on the town looking for a good time:

Pencil in Sketchbook, A6 x 3, #5

And I think they found it.

A good time was had by all!

4 comments:

myra anderson said...

Hey david! i saw one of your beautiful paintings in a myra artists video! come on over for a visit!

Edgar said...

David,
These are fine, lively sketches. I feel so self conscious when out, I've never dared this kind of observational drawing (well, there was the one time at the airport, because I was alone.) I hope you can get back to work soon; it was kind of you to think of us. Thanks for giving me confections for the eyes and food for thought.

daviddrawsandpaints said...

the art of dance is like chocolate! What more can I say? You have so much energy and enthusiasm, Myra, that I laugh my head of :o) Thanks for the the inclusion in your wonderful video!

daviddrawsandpaints said...

Edgar: how pleased am I to hear from you!
It helps tremendously to be drinking pints of beer as much as my subjects, that, coupled with a gallus I-dont-care-a-whit what they think of my drawing mentality, sometimes the drawings are good but often they aren't, but what the hell it was a good nite anyway!
I hope the "food for thought" is that it's worth a try regardless what people think.

Next time you are out in your tuxedo take a wee sketchpad with you and don't bother what the toffs think ;o)
Cheers,
DAVID